Basic rules for writing your resume
Keep the following advice in mind when writing your resume.
- Be brief. Resumes should be no longer than 2 pages.
- The layout needs to be simple and easy to read. Use bold to highlight titles and important information
- Proof read your resume several times and if possible get someone else to have a look
- Back up your statements with concrete evidence to demonstrate your skills
- Do not use abbreviations
- Do not repeat the same vocabulary again and again. Use a thesaurus to find synonyms
- Do not use fancy colors or fonts; your CV needs to look professional. There are better ways to set yourself apart
- Do not ramble; only include relevant information and there is no need to mention any failures
Other related articles: