Graduate Career Fairs
Careers fairs are one of the best ways to network and find graduate appointments in your area of interest. A careers fair is an excellent opportunity to meet potential employers face to face and market yourself to your chosen industry. Even if you haven’t finished your course and are still in further study, careers fairs are still worthwhile as a source of information, contacts and interview experience. With the amount of current competition for graduate appointments you have to use every opportunity you can to maximise your chances of finding a suitable graduate placement after University.
What can I get from a career fair?
- If you are ambitious and organised, you can get a lot out of a career fair. Research the companies beforehand.
- Even if you don’t get a graduate placement as a direct result of the fair, you’re still taking steps towards your chosen career and moving closer to recruitment in your perfect job
- Career fairs give you the chance to perfect your interview skills. Even if you aren’t offered a job, talking to prospective employers about graduate appointments gives you valuable confidence and experience of interviews.
- Career fairs give you the opportunity to expand your network and make contacts; meeting job recruiters and even fellow graduates which may be helpful for future reference.
- Career fairs help you learn more about the industry by speaking to job recruitment professionals in your area.
- Gathering information about companies – Investigating the kind of graduate placements offered by a company tells you a lot about that organisation as a whole.